Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 9, Thing 20 YouTube

This was my first ever exploration of YouTube. It's quite an interesting site. It's amazing the popularity and notoriety that it has received in its two short years of existence. It seems that you could waste a lot of time watching non-sensical things. However, I can see this as a mode of relaxation and humor. It was interesting to learn that Geriatric1927 is one of the most popularly visited sites, which taught me that YouTube is for people of all ages.
The first video that I watched was "Crazy Cats," chosen because I have three cats. It was fun to see other feline antics. The next videos dealt with penguins since I am Corky's pal. "Clever Penguin Pet" Lala lives in Japan and is quite unique. He was rescued ten years ago from a fisherman's net. He waddles daily from his owner's home to the local fish market and back. Lala is truly amazing. Then I watched "Penguin Bloopers" which proved not to be so funny. Next I ventured into comedy and laughed at Robin Williams' "On the State of the Earth."
Searching for Library 2.0 videos, I was surprised at how many videos there were. I watched one that was very well done, entitled "A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto." It contained good graphics and great photos that presented a positive campaign for libraries moving forward.

No comments: