Friday, August 17, 2007

Week 9, Thing 21 Search Tools for Locating Podcasts

I looked at podcast.net and Yahoo Podcasts. Under podcast.net I searched for penguins, which yielded four results. The hits are not nearly as big as what I found on YouTube. On exploring the MERLIN podcasting link, I could see that the tutorials that have accompanied the 23 Things exercises have been podcasts all along. I went into the Denver Public Library site through MERLIN and listened to some children's stories online. These could definitely be helpful in library storytimes.
One of my favorite authors is poet and peacemaker Mattie Stepanek, so I searched some podcasts to find his works. I did not find any results in either podcast.net or Yahoo Podcasts. I did find results on YouTube. However, I could not RSS feed this to my Bloglines account. So, I then searched for Harry Potter on podcasts.net, found the RSS feed, and added The Secrets of Harry Potter to my Bloglines account.

No comments: